27th SGIFF: Panel Discussion | Mutating Mythologies - Hybrid Cinema of Latin America
MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
27 NOV 2016, SUN / 2.00PM / 90MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
Accompanying the Focus section on Mutating Mythologies – Hybrid Cinema of Latin America is this in-depth dialogue session with co-curator Juan Daniel F Molero and filmmaker Miguel Hilari. With an emphasis on Peru and Bolivia, the discussion will delve into the history of leftfield experimental and documentary films in Latin America and its contemporary incarnations, exploring its cultural and political significance. The speakers will share their own stratagems as filmmakers and reflect upon the mythology of the region and its mutations through hybrid film practices - an active response towards the syncretic tendencies of the region.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Miguel Hilari is born in 1985 in La Paz, Bolivia. He studied filmmaking in La Paz, Santiago and Barcelona. A member of the Bolivian film collective Socavón Cine, he has produced the film Juku (2011), co-written and co-directed the documentary From Low Down (2012) and directed his short Adelante (2014).
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 27 Nov 2016, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM SGT
Free Seating (Refundable) $5.00
On sale until Nov 27, 2016, 9:00:00 AM
- Venue Address
- 1 Old Parliament Lane, Singapore 179429 Singapore